Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

Andrew & Jeremy went to the farm... which meant Adrianna & I spent the whole weekend together! We spent all day Saturday shopping {Our favorite thing to do} we had Frappes from McDonalds {So Addictive} My step-mom came over and spent the afternoon with us. Adrianna decided to be crafty & made hair bow holders. Saturday night, we went to Lamar. Adrianna had to cheer at the football game. Pottsville won... GO APACHES! We are now 4-1 

Sunday, I had to work from home 8am-6pm so it wasn't much fun... While I was in the computer room working Adrianna  
  • super-cleaned & organized her closet and room
  • gathered up a few bags of clothes to take to 'Yours Truly'
  • washed clothes and bedding, sheets, pillows cases, and blankets every bed is freshly clean!
  • washed dishes 
  •  picked up, dusted, vacuumed, and mopped the living room, dining room, kitchen and bathrooms
Adrianna is a light in my life that i have always dreamed of...

she has me thoroughly convinced that she prefers hanging out with me over her friends. she has me thoroughly convinced that she highly values my opinions about what she should wear, what color she should buy when shopping for clothing etc, my opinion about how her hair looks, how she should style it, what tastes good...she truly values my opinions about all things. and, she has me convinced that my opinion out-numbers anyone else.

i may have mentioned this before, but miss Adrianna rarely if ever talks back. simply put, she is, and has always been a really great kid. i keep hoping that the teenage years will not change any of this. i realize it's a lot to hope for.
 
My little girl is so grown-up now, so mature. so responsible.
 
Here is one of Adrianna's Hair Bow holders.. She gave the others all away before I could take a pic!
 They are very simple to make
You just need ribbon, hot glue gun, and wooden owl (got it from hobby lobby for .67)

Determine how long you need your ribbon to be according to how many bows you have
Glue ribbon to the back of the owl
Fold the end & glue so the ribbon doesn't fray
For under $1 you can have your very own hair bow holder!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those are holders really cute. I can't imagine my sweet peanut ever doing all that stuff for us unless she was wanted to earn money. What a sweet girl!