Saturday, June 19, 2010

Me trying to be crafty Part II

As promised, I am posting about my other treasure from the Goodwill store. I found this picture for $4


I have seen a million chalkboard projects in blog world.
I thought this can't be too hard - let me attempt to make one for Adrianna. I bought the chalk board spray paint from Hobby Lobby & have been on the lookout for the perfect frame for months - when I spotted this frame, I knew it was the one 

 {it was so cheap even if it was an epic fail
I wouldn't be out too much money!}

I took out the cardboard bird picture and spray painted it with the chalk board paint {luckily there wasn't any glass} & painted the frame blue. The hardest part was waiting for the paint to dry. Once it was all dry, I put it back together.



I was happy with the way it turned out & Adrianna LOVES it! She has been playing school with Andrew all weekend ;)

1 comment:

Shanna said...

I told you the waiting would be the hardest part! It turned out great, Jamie! I love the lines of the frame, and it looks much better as a chaklboard with a cute blue frame than a tribute to ducks. Awesome job!