Tuesday, June 1, 2010

IT’S OFFICALLY SUMMER!

I hope everyone had a FUN Memorial Day! Jeremy had to work Saturday and Sunday so the kids & I decided to stay close to home and be LAZY. It was wonderful!

I finished my rocking chair project finally! {My Alphabet art… that’s another story} My dad bought this chair from a garage sale. At one time, it was red but the paint faded. It looked so nasty but Andrew spotted it & dragged it in the house. He loves it so I decided to give it some TLC and I am glad I did because it turned out beautiful! It’s amazing what sand paper & stain can do!




Adrianna had a couple of her friends stay the night on Saturday. I took them to Lake Dardanelle. They had a blast swimming. Andrew didn't like the sand on his feet or the water so he sat on a beach towel the whole time & played with his shovel and bucket.




We had this for dinner:





It is a great summer meal. Just add some crusty french bread, grab yourself a glass of wine and you're ready to sit down to a fabulous summer dinner on your deck.



5 quarts water
1/4 cup Old Bay seasoning
4 lbs. small red potatoes
2 lbs. kielbasa sausage, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
6 ears of corn, halved
4 lbs. unpeeled large fresh shrimp
Old Bay Seasoning
Cocktail Sauce
Bring 5 quarts water and 1/4 cup Old Bay seasoning to a boil in a large covered stockpot.
Add potatoes; return to a boil, and cook, uncovered for 10 minutes.
Add sausage and corn, and return to a boil. Cook 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Add shrimp to stockpot; cook 3 to 4 miinutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain. Serve with Old Bay seasoning and cocktail sauce.



For dessert we had this: Dirt Cups


No comments: