Thursday, October 4, 2012

San Francisco

I spent a week in beautiful California with my
favorite person in the whole world - Jeremy!!
It has ALWAYS been a dream of mine to 
travel to California and I instantly fell in love with this place. It was amazingly beautiful! I will be going back, over the years and taking the children.


Jeremy made our trip extra special, he upgraded our rental to a red 2012 camaro so we could cruise around town and across the Golden Gate Bridge in style. 
I was one happy girl & couldn't stop smiling!

The first day, I was on my own so I ventured
out and rode the ferry to San Francisco. 
it still amazes me how cold it was, I was expecting warm temperatutes.  It was much colder than Arkansas.




******




♥ this view of the city





I was able to capture these beautiful pictures of the city while riding the Ferry from Sausalito


Love this art work - Skygate by Roger Barr
San Francisco’s first piece of public art financed by a corporation



All the fruit in CA was delicious - I ate my first fig and it was yummy!

 
If you are ever in SF, then you must experience Fishermans Wharf. It's a fun, waterfront neighborhood with no shortage of sail boats, seagulls and fresh crab.




I stopped in Bistro Boudin to watch them bake sourdough bread - the heavenly smell of happiness drew me in the door! All this bread is baked daily.
Not only does it taste delicious, it looks beautiful! They make it into all different shapes and sizes - even different animals.

Lombard Street is the the crookedest {most winding}
street in the world. It was hard to find because you have to get off the main strip but after walking around for about 30 minutes and asking directions twice, I finally found it!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are quiet the blogger. Amazing views. Love reading about your travels and seeing all of your neat photos.

Jamie Wells said...

Thanks Dana!