Monday, May 28, 2012

Memories Made @ the Farm


You may have noticed that over the years, I have mentioned our farm however I don’t post much about it.  When I created this BLOG I did so to have a virtual journal.  I wanted to capture my children, our life so when I am older and life slows down I can look back and relive it all.
 I do realize the farm is a big part of our life. Even though, I see it as hard work - my husband and children LOVE it. We mostly go on the weekends since it's an hour from our home. The kids are always eager to go. There is always work to do but like they say "work hard & play harder". We definitely  make time for fun!
This is the farm Jeremy grew up on... he has put a lot of blood, tears and sweat into it. It has been in his family for several generations. This is his heritage. I notice an instant change in him the minute we arrive. He is in his element - the one place he  can be himself.
****
I have decided to incorporate the farm more on my blog with the "Memories Made @ the Farm" series. It will be random and don't be alarmed at some of the craziness -- especially to those of you who have never worked/been on a farm!! We don't worry about fashion when we're at the farm either so expect my kids to have crazy hair and mismatched clothing! Another reason that I haven't blogged much about the farm. :)
  {{yes, I am a city girl that married a farmer!}}
I admit I am not the best country girl/farmer's wife but I try.


A few pictures of the farm


 The kids were helping me in my flower bed this weekend
{wish I had a picture when it was in full bloom} it's almost
done for the year. I love when the flowers are all bloomed
out...  but it's hard to see them go. It looks so bare. We
planted some wild flowers seeds that Adrianna got @ Lowes
hopefully they will grow.

Check out the fishing dock that Papa Homer built for us! He
is an amazing man and I honestly don't think there is
anything he can’t do. Andrew LOVES throwing rocks off the
end of it! We ended up fishing from the other side because it
was so hot! We caught lots of Brim... Of course Papa Homer
didn't do much fishing, he was too busy putting on
our worms and taking our fish off the hook!
 
Jeremy working in his garden, his dad and grandfather

wasn’t able to help this year so he’s done it all himself!  He
harvested a 5 gallon bucket full of broccoli and cauliflower
and lots of squash and zucchini just this weekend. I am So
Proud of him!

xoxo

No comments: