Thursday, January 12, 2012

back on track...


The holidays were wonderful but I must say I am rather excited to get back in my daily routine.
I won't lie... I enjoyed sleeping in late, eating junk food and wearing cozy pj's all day but it was making me feel sluggish.

***
I am happily back to my routine which consist of going to bed early {I need my full eight hours} waking up at 6 a.m. & drinking a cup of french vanilla coffee by 7 a.m. If I don’t follow this routine then my whole day is off.

Also, I jumped right back into my exercise routine.
{note to self, never take off an entire month again}
I train with Robin Dayer, she is tough but she gets results! It is amazing to me that it takes months to gain strength and endurance and then just a few weeks to lose it all.

I struggled as I made my way back into the fitness world after a LONG month break. The first week was horrible, I felt ill during the workouts, my legs and abs were hurting. My heart was racing and my breathing was labored. I wanted to quit but instead kept thinking of Robin's quote.
"Dont quit! Your already in pain. Your already hurting. Get a REWARD from it!"

I am struggling with cooking healthy too. Not only do I want to eat healthy but I want my family to eat healthy as well.

Jeremy & I both were raised on "comfort foods" and have no clue how to cook healthy... I finally found a promising website For the Love of Cooking  

Do you have any tried and true healthy recipes?
I would love for you to share

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I use the cooking light website a lot. i got an ipad for Christmas, so i have been using the real simple ap, which is really helpful and makes a list for me.

For me, I cook the most when i plan the week out and buy what I need ahead of time. It takes a lot of the thinking out of what to make for dinner. I also try to do a crock pot meal a week. and we have junk food friday where we eat little ceaser pizza!

Jamie Wells said...

Creating a menu in advance…. Why didn’t I think of that, smart idea! I am going to get on this cooking light website & see if I can find some recipes for next week!! Hopefully I can find something that Jeremy & the kids will eat.

Oh and i love Junk Food Friday! Hot n ready pizza & movie will be on Friday’s menu!
Thanks for the GREAT information!! :)