Sunday, July 21, 2013

Peach Pickin Paradise

I was craving family time and a road trip, so we combined the two
and headed to the peach orchard. We drove far into the country, it was simply beautiful.  It’s amazing, I have lived in Arkansas my whole life yet I haven’t seen it all. I am constantly exploring and finding new places.  






perfect opportunity for mini photo shoot
We picked nectarines, red havens, and bellaire peaches.  I can’t even describe how fresh, sun-warmed, and delicious they are. The best part - you are encouraged to pick and eat!  We left with full bellies, you can't get fresh fruit like that in a store. It was the first time my children tasted the true flavor. We came home with two buckets {20 lbs} I can't wait to make a peach cobbler and I am going to attempt to make peach and jalapeno pepper jam.  If it turns out then I will share the recipe.
 Hope you have a "peachy" day!

XOXO

No comments: