Monday, November 26, 2012

party planning

I am now in full party mode working on Andrew’s 5th Birthday party that is less than two weeks away. I have decided to have a very small intimate party for him with just our family. I love throwing huge parties but really wanted this year to focus in on Andrew & his special day. I get so wrapped up in running around, decorating, serving food, ensuring my guests are happy, refilling, you name it... that I don't get to just relax & "BE" with him.


Life isn't always about a party even though I love celebrating & decorating anything I can get my hands on. I will still do something cute for him, but won't have any kind of stress that special day. I want it to be all about him. He will start school in August and when that happens he will expect big parties with all his friends so this year will be with family.


I planned on having his party the first weekend of December because I don't decorate for Christmas until after his birthday party. It just didn't work out... Does anyone else have a December Baby? Do you wait until after their birthday to decorate for Christmas? 

XOXO

No comments: