Saturday, March 29, 2014

BLOG TIME-OUT

I took a hiatus from my blog for a while because life has been a bit hectic.
I needed to step away so I could focus on my family. My father-in-law was on life support for almost 3 months {October - January} fighting for his life.

In late October, he had to be rushed to the hospital by ambulance. We learned he had pancreatitis, apparently he had it for months undiagnosed. He went to his primary doctor several times but was told it was just back pains & he needed more pain medication. The undiagnosed pancreatitis became so severe that it overtook him causing kidney and respiratory failure. He had to be put on a ventilator. He fought a hard fight and Jeremy was right by his side the whole time. However, after weeks of minimal improvements his dad requested to have the life support stopped.
Even now as I write this, the words seem surreal. unanticipated. I didn't realize how hard it is on a family to lose someone they love.
It was an emotional roller coaster right in the middle of the holidays - which made it hard for the children. We were spending nights and weekends at the hospital and then putting on our fake smiles for everyone at work and school. Trying to remain happy and positive for Jimmy but immediately leaving the room to cry. 
I couldn't imagine going through this without the support of family and friends. We are blessed to have so many. Now is the hard part, when the funeral is all over and everyone goes back to their normal routines...while we are still trying to cope.



I have to remind myself that only GOD knows the master plan.
Jimmy was blessed to have the opportunity to say good-bye to all his family and friends. I know GOD was with him because on his final day - he gave him a strong voice so he could preach one last time to his sons.

Jimmy always made me feel like part of the family and worshipped his grandbabies!
Losing him is a great reminder that life is precious and needs to be lived passionately and purposefully with LOVE for all.

 
XOXO


No comments: