Tuesday, August 14, 2012

greetings from Mexico...

I am spending a week in beautiful Guadalajara, Mexico
 The bulk of my time is spent in the office since I am here for business purposes but after hours, I am able to do lots of fun things, site seeing and shopping!!
{All thanks to my amazing co-workers who have been very welcoming}. Guadalajara has the nicest people ever - I have made so many friends!!
 On my arrival I went downtown to admire the historical buildings and visit the Cathedral. I was lucky to have my manager and his wife with me as a tour guides. They were able to tell me all the history of this 500 year old city. We were there on Sunday which is the busiest day of the
week – everyone was there with their families. There were so many people, vendors selling anything from food to crafts. There were people dressed up as Jack Sparrow and Avator and live music. Resembled New Orleans in a lot of ways!

I have been enjoying delicious foods.
No food chains for me - I have been eating all the local foods. I had a torta ahogada which means drowned sandwich It is called "drowned" because the sandwich is submerged totally in a sauce made primarily of a dried chili pepper. The salty bread that the sandwich is made with can only be found in Guadalajara. It was messy but so good!

All the fruit taste amazing here, I have been eating fresh fruit and cheese every morning for breakfast. I tried papaya for the first time ever and it is good. Also, I tried tuna which is the fruit of a cactus - didn't really care for that too much. 

I will be posting pictures soon!

XOXO


No comments: