Sunday, October 3, 2010

Flute Allergies???

 I have been blogging about cheerleading & football games but I failed to mention Adrianna joined the Pottsville Band. She has band 1st period and she is playing the flute. {Her daddy is very proud} It took us forever to find a flute… we ended up having to order it off EBAY so she has only had it about 2 weeks. She practices every chance she gets & has already learned all her notes. She can play ‘Mary Had A Little Lamb’ beautifully!

Unfortunately, for the past two weeks she has had a swollen lip!!! She came home from school and her bottom lip was huge… She told me that she got stung by something. I gave her Benadryl and after an hour on so it looked normal again. She usually practices at night so when she wakes up big lip again… She has the Angelina Jolie look LOL

Finally after two weeks, I told Jeremy that this cannot be a bug bite or it would be gone by now… It was like a light bulb went off for us both at the same time! She is allergic to Nickel & her flute is Nickel plated…Has anyone heard of this? It looks like my only option is to purchase a new headjoint made out of a different metal.

No comments: